Pages

Saturday, December 3, 2011

“In the dark it is always darkest before the dawn.”

The last few months have been a time of change for me. I have had a lot of time to reflect on what was,; what is but not so much on what will or could be. It has been a dark time for me.

 “In the dark it is always darkest before the dawn.”  This is a quote or line I heard some where once. I hope this has truth to it. 

Right now not only for me but for many the hour is dark. I know it is dark for some/many. So many people are hurting right now. So many people are struggling to find inspiration , faith, even hope that tomorrow the dawn breaks and life turns the corner. Trust me I understand now more than ever what this means.

The last few weeks have been very difficult for me and my family. Not a lot of good news. Morgan has had a great amount of good occur for her and maybe that is what I need to reflect on. Maybe it is her time right now and mine is to support her efforts as she moves along. Much like she has done so many times in the past for me. I have never been as ideal as I am right now, in such a search for reason.

I did have a little more ray of dawn shine today. My brother Phil came over today. I have not really spoken much to him in the last little bit. He surprised me by coming over to bare a gift which was magnificent but stayed to chat for a few moments. It meant so much to me. The chat was small talk and him explaining what he has been doing at work. Although I don’t know that exact title of what is up for , I am so proud to say he is up for a number of awards though his work. Phil has followed his passion and by all a counts has his dream job. He works as a horticulturist and driver for a major hotel in London.  As long as I can remember, my brother has been involved in horticulture in one form or another. But what is more impressive is his dedication to those which he drives.

He told me about his efforts and accomplishments of work. How he drives children to the cancer clinic and how when needed he will have a stuffed animal given to a child in need and how the cost of that animal deducted from his pay.  A great person my brother, a great person.  A person we can all learn from. I have always had him there in support of my efforts and now in whatever way I can I am here to support him.

If not believed, I do love all my brothers and my sister very much. They have always been around for me in one way or another. As I was growing up were where much closer and as much of us experience as we grow older life often gets in the way. We grow apart, we fight, we argue and even at times we hate but we are still family.

I am writing this to let them know I care and love them but more over thank them for being them, my brothers and my sister. Maybe someday I will be able to say this to you in person but until that day comes, this will have to do.

I am proud to call them family and I am proud to call each and every person that is a friend to me a friend.

Thank you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment